Follow these steps:
To install Apache:
To install Apache:
- Downlaod the latest version of apache server for windows from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
- Downlaod the .exe file instead of binary
- Run the installer.
- On the "Network Domain" and "server name" put "localhost"
- Put your emailid
- Then choose the default recommendatios.
- If you are choosing "Custom",then you can choose the options you want to keep and it will affect your httpd.conf file.
- Once done, you can test whether apache server is running by typing: http://localhost/ on browser and it will show a default html message as "It works".
- Download the latest version of php for windows from http://www.php.net/downloads.php
- I normally download the binary but you can download the installer and run.
- Download the latest version if mysql from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
- You can aslo download Mysql AB Query Browser as well as Mysql Adminstrator.
- Open your httpd.con file.
- Change the Document root to the working directory path where you will have all your project files.
- The same path should be for
where it is mentioned Optionss Indexes FollowSymLinks
- Add index.php in "DirectoryIndex" filles, it will become DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.html.var
- Where you have all the Add-type listed, add at the end "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php"
- At the very end of you conf file add PHPIniDir "full path to folder where php.ini file exists"
- Add LoadModule php5_module "path to/php/php5apache2.dll" (where php is installed, like c:/proram files/)
- If you are using PHP 5.2.x series then load php5apache2_2.dll
- Save the file
- Open php.ini file, and uncomment the extensions that you want to keep like mysql,openssl,curl etc
- To integrate with mysql, we need to move libmysql.dll as well as libmysqli.dll under windows/system32 folder.
- Restart the server.
- Check you configurations using phpinfo();